When you register with Ocean State Nanny Agency, you will receive the following:
1. Initial phone consultation with the owner to discuss your families needs.
2. A professional job description for your position.
3. Help with a professional nanny-family work agreement that we provide for you.
4. 90 day guarantee. If for some reason your hire does not work out in the first 90 days, we will find you a replacement at no additional cost.
5. Unlimited phone consultations throughout the whole process. We are here to answer any and all questions that you have along the way!
How our placement process works:
1) Please fill out the Family Registration Form. A $250.00 non-refundable fee is due upon completion of this application. We will send you an invoice for this fee which can be paid via credit or debit card.
2) Complete an initial phone consultation with the agency owner. During this consultation, we will have a detailed discussion to find out what your needs are. We will cover your weekly schedule, job responsibilities and qualities that you would like to see in your ideal nanny, newborn care specialist or household manager. Once you decide to work with us, we will send you our Family/Agency Agreement to look over and sign to get the process started.
3) We will put together a job description for your position that goes up on our website. We will then send you files for the candidates that we think will suit your family the best. You choose which candidates you would like to interview and we will set up a interview for you for whatever date and time works best for your family. If you'd like to start out with a phone interview first, we can arrange that first. Once you interview the canddiates, we will set up a phone call with you to discuss the prospective candidates and go over any questions or concerns.
4) Once you find a candidate whom you feel strongly about, we suggest that you set up a 1 day working trial. For families hiring a nanny, this helps you see how the candidate interacts with your children and help decide if the nanny would be a good fit. The trial can either be for a few hours or up to 9 hours and the candidate must be paid for her work time.
5) Once you have decided upon a candidate that you like and the candidate you have chosen accepts your position, the agency fee is due. We will also help you put together a nanny-family work agreement which will outline the nannies responsibilities, schedule, pay, etc. as well as help with nanny taxes if needed.
6) After you have hired a candidate, we will provide on going support and will always be here to answer any questions that you may have!
Please Note: We recommend starting your search a minimum of 6 weeks before you need someone to start. This process takes on average, 4-6 weeks from start to finish. While we will do our best to work with families who are in need of somone to start sooner, it is not always possible for us to find someone within such a short period of time.
Our promise to you: We offer a 90 day, no cost replacement guarantee. After 90 days and within 6 months of the original employment start date, we will replace the candidate for 50% of the original placement fee.
Ready to get the process started?
Please click the button below to go to our family registration form.