Our Placement Process
When you register with Ocean State Nanny Agency, you will receive the following:
1. Initial phone consultation with the owner to discuss your families needs.
2. A professional job description for your position.
3. Help with a professional nanny-family work agreement.
4. 90 day guarantee. If for some reason your hire does not work out in the first 90 days, we will find you a replacement at no additional cost.
5. Unlimited phone consultations throughout the whole process. We are here to answer any and all questions that you have along the way!
How our placement process works:
1) Complete an initial phone consultation with the agency owner. During this consultation, we will go over our agency process and we will also have a detailed discussion to learn more about your families needs. We will cover your weekly schedule, job responsibilities and qualities that you would like to see in your ideal nanny and we will answer any questions that you may have about the process, candidates we have, etc.
2) Once you decide to work with us, please fill out our Family Registration Form. An inital $500.00 non-refundable registration fee is due upon completion of this form. We will send you an invoice for this fee which can be paid via credit or debit card. We will also send you an email with our Family-Agency Agreement to look over and sign to get the process started!
3) We will put together a job description for your position that goes up on our website and social media pages. As we have interest, we will send the profiles for the candidates that we think will suit your family the best. You choose which candidates you would like to phone or zoom interview and we will set up a interview for you for whatever date and time works best for your family. Once you phone or video interview the canddiates, we will set up a phone call with you to discuss the prospective candidates and go over any questions or concerns and discuss which candidates you'd like to bring in to meet in person. We will then set up in person interviews for you to meet your top candidates in person and see who you think would be the best fit for your family.
4) Once you find a candidate whom you feel strongly about, we suggest that you set up a 1-2 day working trial. For families hiring a nanny, this helps you see how the candidate interacts with your children and help decide if the nanny would be a good fit. The trial can either be for a few hours or up to 9 hours a day and the candidate must be paid for their trial time.
5) Once you have decided upon a candidate that you like and the candidate you have chosen accepts your position, the agency fee is due. We will also help you put together a nanny-family work agreement which will outline the nannies responsibilities, schedule, pay, confidentiality, etc. as well as help with nanny payroll taxes if needed.
6) After you have hired a candidate, we will provide on going support and will always be here to answer any questions that you may have!
Update as of June 2023: We recommend starting your search a minimum of 8 weeks before you need someone to start. Due to the current nanny market, placements are taking on average between 6-8 weeks to fill with some taking longer and some taking shorter. While we will do our best to work with families who are in need of someone to start sooner, it is not always possible for us to find someone sooner then the 6-8 weeks.
Our promise to you: We offer a 90 day, no cost replacement guarantee. After 90 days and within 6 months of the original employment start date, we will replace the candidate for 50% of the original placement fee.
Ready to get the process started?
Please click the button below to go to our family registration form!